Next Level Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 1

4 posters

Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 1 Empty NLG Retro 2011 Stage 1

Post  Sargoth Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:08 am

NLG RETRO STAGE 1 - 10 Games

Starwing
Complete Route 2 , 2 points pr stage , 1 point bonus for every 100% on completion, no death. 45 minute time limit - 18 points

SMB1
Levels 5-1 to 8-4 give 1 point each , no warps yields a 5 point bonus on completion, no death. 45 minute time limit. - 21 points

SMB3
2 points pr level done in world 8,optional levels do not count.Whistles are allowed,but you are not allowed to use any other item that doesnt appear in a Question-mark\item box. no death. 3 Bonus points upon completion, 20 minute time limit. - 19 points

Chip N Dale
Complete the game, 1 point pr stage,1 bonus point for each Cat killed. No death 45 minute time limit - 13 points

DKC1
Complete World 8 and King K Rool , 2 points pr Level, no death - 14 points

Castlevania
Castlevania - Complete the game , 2 points pr boss and a 2 point bonus for completion. 45 minute time limit. - 16 points

Ninja Gaiden
1 point for lvl 1, 2 points for lvl 2 and so on. No continues. 45 minute time limit - 21 points

Super Probotector
Complete the game on Medium with 3 lives , 2 points pr stage , 3 bonus points for completion, 30 minutes time limit - 15 points

Super Mario Kart
Complete Special Cup in 150cc , 10 points for placing 1st , 5 point bonus if perfect score - 15 points

Goldeneye
1 point pr level, you can die+fail mission once in this challenge, 00 Agent. 75 minute time limit. 3 points completion bonus. - 23 points

Maximum amount of point for stage 1 = 67 points
Minumum amount when beating the challenges = 42 points

However many points you end up getting, you will carry them on to stage 2 if you make top 8.
Winning all the Stage 2 challenges will yield 70 points, making the absolute maximum 137 points.
The top 4 players after Stage 1 and 2 will move on to Stage 3 - The multiplayer challenges.

Objective : Pick 3 of the above games and complete the challenge to gain Points , the 16 players with the most points will qualify for Level 2.
An example for a challenge would be " Finish game X on Medium difficulty without dying , you get 2 points pr finished Level\stage and a 3 point bonus if you finish it all "
Most games will give a possibility of 12-20 points. Some challenges are extremely hard , others might seem easier but remember you have 3 full weeks to pick your 3 games of choice and practice.

Last edited by Sargoth on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:08 am; edited 13 times in total
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 1 Empty Re: NLG Retro 2011 Stage 1

Post  Meridian Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 pm

78 points max stage 1 + 75 max stage 2 = 153 points absolute max =)
Meridian
Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Meridian Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

if i add up top 3 picks i get 66 max points instead of 78... just saying
Meridian
Meridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meridian Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:45 pm

no 5 points bonus if you complete goldeneye?
castlevania no deaths or no continue (i vote for the latter due to its last stage randomness)

good thing you removed bubble bobble.. to easy point hogging if you know the game.

starwing timelimit is obsolete, you cant influence the flow unless you allow deaths
Meridian
Meridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargoth Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Meridian wrote:no 5 points bonus if you complete goldeneye?
castlevania no deaths or no continue (i vote for the latter due to its last stage randomness)

good thing you removed bubble bobble.. to easy point hogging if you know the game.

starwing timelimit is obsolete, you cant influence the flow unless you allow deaths

D va da svært da !

Yes yes, the points have changed since our convo earlier today, I beg your absolute pardon for not updating this correctly ASAP!

Castlevania would be the same rules as last time, its not like the game has changed.
Goldeneye is only tested by one person, and he thought the challenge was fine as is.
Starwing is potentailly endless if you dont take the correct steps. Also the time limit is to avoid long breaks etc between levels ( toilet, showers, dinners ). Its not an important thing, but its nice to limit and as such be able to set a schedule since we will be running a tight ship.

Anything else?
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illu Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 am

We didn't say anything about fails for Goldeneye though, if fails are allowed (start level over if fail something) then we could have a 5 point bonus if one manages a no fail/no death completion within the 1 hour timelimit. Avoiding fails can be as much of problem as avoiding deaths but it all pretty much comes down to knowledge.

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargoth Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

Illu wrote:We didn't say anything about fails for Goldeneye though, if fails are allowed (start level over if fail something) then we could have a 5 point bonus if one manages a no fail/no death completion within the 1 hour timelimit. Avoiding fails can be as much of problem as avoiding deaths but it all pretty much comes down to knowledge.

Yeah this was not discussed, you are right.

Its very hard for me to make a ruling on this , seeing as I wouldnt be able to even finish Dam on 00a to save my life.

How about no deaths, but you are allowed one mission fail\retry ?
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illu Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Alright one retry allowed in the case of a fail.

People probably wanna be careful with the bug on Dam, like go face the screen when you throw the bug on it as not to risk failing the first level Razz

On facility be prepared to kill lots of guards if Doak is in the worst spot and you have to go back, unless you just check all the spots on the way, I'd just risk it and go to the end labs immediately after checking couple spots on the way there, if needing to go back you'd lose like 2minutes though but nothing horrible.

Not sure if anyone else is even gonna try for this though but that's couple tips.

I can imagine this being really hard if you've never tried to beat the game without a fail or death, there's quit alot that can go wrong and if you don't know the majority of things that can screw you over then you won't probably get too far.

Illu

Back to top Go down

Post  KVD Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 am

Illu wrote: I can imagine this being really hard if you've never tried to beat the game without a fail or death, there's quit alot that can go wrong and if you don't know the majority of things that can screw you over then you won't probably get too far.

That's absolutely spot on. As much as this challenge appeals to me (I love GE to bits and there is both the sensation of the challenge being doable, but also very, very hard...so the sense of accomplishment would be great), I'll give it a miss for the actual tournament myself. Towards the end of the game there are just too many little things that I am not completely in control over; from Jungle onwards I'd basically be walking on a very thin rope, I usually die there.
KVD
KVD

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Illu Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

on super probotector with 5 lives, I ususally pick up an extra life or two during the game from points or something, are we allowed to use up those aswell if needed?

Illu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargoth Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 am

The first results are slowly coming in, I`ll update this post throughout the day.

NLG Retro Stage 1: Name - Time- Points

Goldeneye : Illu - N\A - 11 points
.................Patrick - 75 - 16 points
.................Wouter - N\A- 4 points

Super Mario Kart : Karel - N\A - 15 points
.........................MJ - N\A - 10 points

Super Mario Bros 1 : Yngve - N\A - 11 points
..........................: Karel - N\A - 0 points
..........................: Ulf - 20:32 - 16 points
..........................: Illu - N\A - 7 points
..........................: Piet - N\A - 10 points
..........................: Maurice - N\A - 0 points