Next Level Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 3

5 posters

Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 3 Empty NLG Retro 2011 Stage 3

Post  Sargoth Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 am

STAGE 3 - 15 Games, First to 5 wins. Games are picked at random.

SMB3 Battle Mode - 2 out of 3
Super Smash bros - Stock setting, 6 lives, 2/3
Wave Race 64 - 2 out 3 races.
Mario Party 1 - Slot Car Derby 1 and 2, Crazy Cutter, Tipsy Tourney, Mushroom Mixup, Platform Peril, Balloon Burst
Mario Tennis - 3 sets, regular surface, first to 3 wins.
Bubble Bobble - Highest Score, no life stealing. 1 run only.
Goldeneye 007 - License to Kill, Stand on corpse rule, Pistols, 2 out of 3, 10 points. Facility, Complex, Basement, Stack, Archives.
Circuit Breakers - 2 player mode, , Egypt, 10 points, 2 out of 3 matches. Loser picks level.
SMK Battle Mode - Starting at Battle Course 1, losers picks next level. First to 3 wins.
Turtles Tournament Fighter - 2 out of 3 matches. 99 second time limit, stock speed.
Doritos Crash Course - First to 3 points, loser picks level.
Fusion Frenzy - Judgement Tower, Tail Blazer, ....
Episode 1 Racer - 2 out of 3 matches. Stock characters. Loser picks track.
F Zero X - First to 3. Loser picks track.
SMB1 1-1 to 1-4 - Best 2 out of 3.
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Stage 3 Empty Re: NLG Retro 2011 Stage 3

Post  KVD Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 am

Wouter, can we have some input on the F-Zero X for this stage? It's first to win two races (it needs to be quick, all games at this stage are). Do you think all the tracks should be possible to get picked? I was discussing this with Marius, Ulf and Patrick today and they felt some of the tracks are too easy (first cup mostly) and some too long (if the rival is beyond the distance of being able to knock him off), like Big Hand. Can you shed your feelings on this?
KVD
KVD

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  WMJ Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 pm

KVD wrote:Wouter, can we have some input on the F-Zero X for this stage? It's first to win two races (it needs to be quick, all games at this stage are). Do you think all the tracks should be possible to get picked? I was discussing this with Marius, Ulf and Patrick today and they felt some of the tracks are too easy (first cup mostly) and some too long (if the rival is beyond the distance of being able to knock him off), like Big Hand. Can you shed your feelings on this?

I would advise against any tracks with jumpplates (White Land and Mute City 3) because of a very annoying glitch. When you hit jumpplates at high speeds they can sometimes glitch and not function and in many cases this can cause you to die or lose some serious energy and time. From past experience with F-Zero X multiplayer I can say that on Fire Field and White Land 2 people rarely finish the race. These tracks are just incredibly hard and it's way to easy to die with some minimal mistake. Another track that is not ideal for multiplayer is Silence because it's just a straight road and the starting position (further to the left or right) can have a significant influence on the race. All other tracks should be ok and tracks in the first cup are certainly not too easy. That said, if I end up making it to stage 3 and someone has to race me in F-Zero X they can pick whatever track they like best, I don't mind Smile.

Here's the tournament again I linked to earlier. Some races really aren't very representative though because they were heavily influenced by that roulette game. It's not applicable for 2 player matches though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5OjE2wL6xg

WMJ

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargoth Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:49 am

WMJ wrote: <Snip>

Thanks for your input Wouter. Your will shall be law. Karel will take this into consideration\action when printing the stage names im sure Wink

Also, I checked the video, and I can easily say that I shall give a win by default\walkover should I face you in this game, I could try my driving backwards strategy, but it has allready worked once this lifetime, hence I dont like my odds of it working again.
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Illu Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:06 pm

I heard Mario Party 1 is incredibly random/luckbased.

I would suggest replacing it with like mariokart64.

Illu

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippobatman Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Illu wrote:I heard Mario Party 1 is incredibly random/luckbased.

I would suggest replacing it with like mariokart64.

We've chosen the (only) 7 minigames which are not random, so it's cool.

Hippobatman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down