Next Level Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results

4 posters

Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results Empty NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results

Post  Sargoth Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:57 am

Allright here we go, the first stage 1 runs will start today at 18:00 and continue until roughly 22:00.
Results will be posted as they happen.

Put your gamefaces on people, oh and stay hungry, not thirsty. Salt is bad for you.

Good luck !
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results Empty Announcement

Post  Sargoth Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Allright guys, slight delay in the tournament result updates, but this will all be explained shortly.

Due to various unforeseen events, some of which unspeakable, and to those it might have offended or otherwise, I am truly sorry.
There is no excuse for this and it is to me, unforgivable.

Hence in light of these events, the tournament results will be posted in full shortly by the new head of NLG, Patrick Wessels.

I am truly grateful to everyone who showed up and impressed me yet again with skills in various games ( I will do a proper shoutouts later, but you guys know who you are ),
and I am very happy to see such enthusiasm and effort. This is something I have loved doing for nearly 5 years now, but I think it's time to give the torch to someone more deserving, and more capable of making NLG what it really should be.

So that is it, I am stepping down. Once again thank you so much to the people who have came to these events and kept the spirit of gaming alive and evolving.

Hopefully NLG will only grow and become better from here, and I might still be part of the preceedings for some time to come, but from this point on, the vast majority of NLG will be guided at the very capable hands of tournament legend extraordinaire, Patrick Wessels.

Allright people, stay tuned for tournament results, and there will be a shoutouts-thread made shortly to let everyone express any feelings, good or bad that might be looming about.

Thanks, and keep on gaming !

- Sargoth
Sargoth
Sargoth
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://nextlevelgaming.ogamewar.com

Back to top Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results Empty Re: NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results

Post  Meridian Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Herrow!

It'sa me Patrick!
Like marius announced I will be taking over the mayor stuff regarding NLG.
This means not doing it all alone, but more in the executive role, arranging etc but definately not sole deciding on its content.

As of today please send in your comments idea's or other I want to get-it-off-my-chest things to me in a PM or just in the specific forum location where I can logically find your... "thing". (plz no perverted comments Yngve, Ulf or any other feeling the need to toss some faps about the "thing" word)

Results will be posted soon in highlights in this section and a downloadable spreadsheet for detailed scoring and stage configuration.
Just give me a few days to get used to this huge responsibility that Sargoth a.k.a. Marius did so well the past few years. (Thank you Marius for bringing NLG to life!!)

Thats it for today.. I'm tired.. running around Amsterdam for hours and hours............. with Ulf................... Wink

-Patrick
a.k.a.
Tournament Legend
Executive or whatever you call it of NLG
Cunt of the year
Spawnkiller in GE007
yada
yada
yada
Meridian
Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results Empty Re: NLG Retro 2011 Tournament and results

Post  KVD Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 am

Hang on...does this mean you won't participate from now on so I can finally win NLG next year Patrick?
Just kidding! Razz

On a more serious note, massive thanks for Sargoth for making NLG what it is. I believe the whole retro tournament concept was originally his (very creative) brainchild (correct me if I'm wrong). I also know Patrick is a very organized replacement, so I feel that NLG will be safe and well arranged for years to come. I'd say we'll need a proper venue next time though, as not to piss off more neighbours and squeeze ourselves around TVs and for sleeping spots in narrow hallways. Rolling Eyes

Of course being Patrick's housemate I can be his right hand in scouting for locations and providing/testing challenge ideas. Very Happy

Giddiyup!
KVD
KVD

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Meridian Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 am

Yip you win next year ... Suspect

But I will be talking about the concept and organize all the details needed for a tournament.
Meaning a story of what NLG is.
Credits and who does what in the whole NLG concept. This said, I mean KVD will be my left hand (sorry right hand got privileges you cant handle) and more key personel.
A re-useable layout for years to come, ruleset etc.

Maybe ask Diago to participate in the SSF4 tournee? Long shot but hey... thats why they made snipers.

Anyway karel, get your arse back home and we can start. Dinner is almost ready darling ;-)

Grz, Patrick
Meridian
Meridian
Admin

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippobatman Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Meridian wrote:
As of today please send in your comments idea's or other I want to get-it-off-my-chest things to me in a PM or just in the specific forum location where I can logically find your... "thing". (plz no perverted comments Yngve, Ulf or any other feeling the need to toss some faps about the "thing" word)

Meridian wrote:This said, I mean KVD will be my left hand (sorry right hand got privileges you cant handle) and more key personel.

How can you possibly expect me to not make a comment about such things? Bah, fine. Whatever.

Anywho. I really hope we can make this happen again next year with more people attending and a slightly bigger venue. It's always fun hanging out with you guys, and doing so while gaming is obviously even better. Shoutouts to M Dawg for initiating something that has become the best social event I've ever been a part of, and I hope it'll only continue to grow even bigger.

Meridian wrote:Cunt of the year

This is true, though.

Hippobatman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down